Thursday, March 27, 2014

Discernment: Holding Nothing Back


DISCERNMENT

 

Many times we vocation directors ask you to look at the pros and cons of each lifestyle that you are considering. Doing so may clarify the Lord’s will for you.  There are times, however, when looking at pros and cons is merely a way to avoid what one really knows God is asking. I need to look at whether I am truly seeking God’s will or using pros and cons to assert my own will upon God, a way of arguing to avoid taking the leap of faith required of us as disciples.  Sometimes we simply have to follow the Lord’s lead without even knowing where it will lead, such as Abraham did. “Leave your country, your kindred and your father’s house for a country which I shall show you; and I shall make you a great nation, I shall bless you and make your name famous; you are to be a blessing!” 

 

Are you afraid of leaving your “father’s house?” Are you afraid you will have to go “to a country which…[God] shall show you” through your future superiors?  What holds you back from following God’s command, trusting God’s call, heeding His invitation?

No comments:

Post a Comment