Thursday, November 20, 2014

Being a Franciscan Sister of the Sorrowful Mother: What does it mean?



        
What does religious life mean to me?  Sister Jeanine Retzer, a Sister of the Sorrowful Mother writes:

“I have been deeply affected by my Franciscan roots. I love being part of something larger than myself--the spiritual teachers and example of both St. Francis and Clare and of our foundress Mother Frances Streitel. Over the years I have studied and grown in my practice and appreciation of our congregation’s Franciscan heritage. The last several years I am daily reminded of the Franciscan virtues as prayed in the Franciscan Morning and Evening Praise: conversion of heart, poverty, contemplation, and minority or humility. Through the Franciscan Federation I am in touch with Franciscans throughout the U.SA. and Caribbean, as part of my efforts to bring what I believe into action. My Franciscan roots have greatly enriched my life and daily living.”

No comments:

Post a Comment