Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Religious Life: Sister Yvette's Reflections on

Sr. Yvette Marie Fernander
US/Caribbean Province
As a new member of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, my spiritual life continues to be the focal point and the engine that guides my daily life. I attribute my vocation to my mother because
it was her witness, her examples of service and prayer that helped to form me into the person I am today. Since entering the congregation my experiences of prayer, study and reflection on the Scriptures, Our Way of Life and our Franciscan Spirituality have given me a greater understanding and appreciation for life and the call to be light for others. Studying and living the Franciscan Spirituality have made me realize that I can live with less and still be content and has given me a greater appreciation for and awareness of the less fortunate. Franciscan Spirituality has reinforced my belief inwelcoming others, while respecting, caring and honoring the earth, animals and all of God’s creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment