Sunday, July 5, 2020

Jesus, the Partner of Laborers and Those Who Are Burdened

In today's Gospel, Matthew 11: 25-30, Jesus invites us to come to Him, saying to us:  "[A]ll you who labor and are burdened...I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and  you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."  The heaviness of the burdens we are carrying is lessened, as Jesus is partnering with us. Whatever burden we are carrying, Jesus is not ashamed or embarrassed to "get his hands dirty," so to speak. He will help us through the messiness of our lives, no matter what!  Willingly and meekly He takes our burdens upon Himself. In fact, He will carry not only our cross up the steep "hills" for us, but also carry us personally!




No comments:

Post a Comment