Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Discerning God's Will for Me



Discerning God’s Will:  What does God want of me? Why am I here? In particular,  in which vocation in life—marriage, religious life, single life, priesthood--will I most likely reach the depth, the breadth, and the height of knowing God’s love for me, sharing that love with others and empowering others to love and be loved.  In short, in which vocation will I best be able to build up the Kingdom of God, given my talents, my ambitions, my educational background, my familial foundation  and all that has made me the person I am and am capable of becoming with my strengths and weaknesses, my hopes and fears, my challenges and determination?  Will I best achieve that in an exclusive relationship  with a mail partner? Will that I  best achieve that in a community of women religious pursuing a common mission and engaging in practices geared to assist each person in developing a strong spiritual foundation in study of the Scriptures, in regular daily spiritual reading, annual 6-8 day retreats, a scheduled time set aside each day for sitting at the feet of Jesus, and walking in the footprints of  a chaste, a poor and an obedient Christ, one who learned obedience from what He suffered (cf Hebrews 5:8). Or will I best achieve God’s will for me as a single person? 
As you think of these possibilities, what rings true in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment