Friday, February 27, 2015

Discernment Challenges



Discovering what God’s will is for me.
Inwarding seeking God’s will above all.
Setting my will aside in favor of what God is asking of me.
Candidly wanting to know the path upon which God wants me to walk.
Eearnestly being alert to when what I want is not what God wants of me.
Resting quietly with God or with God’s word, waiting for God to reveal His will to me.
Never running ahead of God, doing it my way because I got tired waiting upon God’
Mindfully, tuning in to the Spirit working within me and listening for His voice.
Ever more and more reconciling my will to the will of God and doing so by wrestling with God in the desert of my being: entering my confusion, facing my fears, confronting my pride and self-will in the quiet of prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, in the solitude of a church or of my room with all equipment silenced, listening to God in the stillness. He is at work!
Never running away from God intentionally and when aware of doing so coming back to Him in the quiet of my heart and asking for His help to bring my will into harmony with His.
Thoroughly researching the options God places before me in considering the decisions I need to make to be in harmony with the will of God concerning my vocation in life, my career choices or any other serious decision I need to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment