Saturday, May 16, 2015

Your Vocation in Life?



Discerning God’s Will concerning Your Vocation in Life:  In today’s Gospel,  John 16: 23b-28, Jesus says to us:”  “The hour is coming when I will…tell you clearly about the Father. On that day you will ask in my name, and…I will ask the Father for you.  For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and  you have come to believe that I came from God.” 

So imagine yourself asking Jesus about the Father’s will for you. “Tell me, Lord, which vocation in life is right for me? Show me, Lord, which person I am to date, to marry? Which religious community, Lord, am I to enter? Which seminary? Am I to become a diocesan priest or an Order priest?  If an Order priest, which Order, Lord?   Or, Lord, am I supposed to choose the single lifestyle?”  And Jesus says to you: “Wait. I will go talk to My Father; I will ask My Father for you because the Father Himself loves you. “

I encourage you to take your questions to the Lord in prayer and then wait upon Him in silence. Do this as often as necessary until you know, from the Lord, what God is asking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment