Tuesday, July 2, 2019

God: A God of Imminence, of Compassion and Power to Save

In today's first reading, Gen.  19: 15-29, God sends angels to lead Lot and his family out of Sodom, which God is about to destroy because of the wickedness of the people.  In the today's Gospel, Matthew 8: 23-27, Jesus saves his disciple from a storm at sea.  Both readings reveal a God who is imminent, compassionate, and aware of times that we are in danger. God is a God always ready to help us in time of need. 

How should you and I live according to these Scripture readings?  God, I believe, would say to us:  Live in complete trust of Me, Your Savior, and of God, your Father and the Holy Spirit, your Sanctifier. By your lives, may other people know that I am an imminent God, a God whom you trust, confide in and love with your whole heart.  Learn from Lot to trust me when I send angels to direct you out of danger.  From the disciples in the boat thrown about by turbulent weather, learn to call upon Me in your need. I am never asleep, as the disciples thought I was.  Know, as they learned, that no storm is too great for Me or the Father or the Spirit to calm.  We will keep you safe always!

No comments:

Post a Comment