Discernment of your commitment to Christ
As you reflect upon the following four movements in your journey as a committed disciple of Christ, where would you place yourself? in the first or second or third or fourth movements or in all four?
First Movement: Exploring Christ
· Seekers who have a relationship with God but have not necessarily had an encounter with
· Persons who are seeking meaning and belonging and are trying to find their way.
Second Movement: Growing in Christ: People who have had a personal encounter with Christ and are beginning to grow in their knowledge of God and our Catholic faith
Third Movement: Close to Christ: People who are praying every day and are working at trying to seek God’s will
Fourth Movement: Committed Disciples of Christ:
· Every decision a person makes is Christ-centered.
· This person gets it that this means continuing to develop a mature conscience and integrating
one’s faith into all aspects of one’s life.
· This person fully participates in the sacramental life of the church and service in the church and
(Source: Rickard, Theresa, OP, “The new evangelization is interwoven with vocation ministry,” Horizon, Spring 2013, p. 10)