Monday, March 25, 2013

Discernment: General Disposition Healthwise


Discernment:  In discerning a vocation to religious life, it is important to look at your “general disposition.”  Ask yourself the questions: Am I generally in good health physically, mentally, and emotionally ? Would I consider myself socially at ease with people and living a life centered on God and on developing a healthy spiritual life? Do I enjoy solitude with myself and God? Do I see myself living in community and in vowing poverty, chastity and obedience for the sake of the Kingdom?  If you answer “yes” to each of those questions, then identify the reasons for your “yes” or note behaviors that substantiate your “yes.” Or reflect upon the life of another about whom you would answer yes to each of those questions. What do you see in her behavior that led you to an affirmative answer. Then apply the same criteria to yourself.

 
So, in short, if you are considering religious life as an option, it is important that you are in good health physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and willing to commit to choices that ensure good health in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment